When it comes to the hottest in girls’ fashions for ages 2 to 6, mix and match is out and coordinated looks are in. This means girls who are styling have the bases covered from head to toe.
Getting a handle on just what coordinated means is a little tricky for parents who aren’t hip on the fashion scene. For an outfit to really dazzle, it needs to have a few extra components to make sure it’s done up just right. When the following special touches are included, here are some children’s designer clothing that fits the style trend to the letter:
- Boutique dresses: Tops and bottoms or dresses. From pretty neutrals and bright pastels to funky prints, these need to offer a style that’s all their own. Tops and bottoms must match or complement extremely well to fit the trends in little girls’ style.
- Hair accessories. Bandanas, bows, bands, hair ties and even kerchiefs need to complement the look. While after-the-fact accessory buys can work, the most standout of hairpieces match the tops, bottoms or dresses with the exact same colors or prints. Don’t underestimate the impact these have on tying a style all together.
- Totes. Little girls just love little purses. When style matters, these absolutely have to match. After purchases work very well, especially when they’re designed to go with shoes. Still, there is something particularly distinct about totes and purses that match the materials of tops and bottoms.
- Shoes, socks. Most coordinated fashions for girls 2 to 6 don’t come with footwear to match, but choosing carefully really tops off the look. Select colors that match or go with neutrals that fit and style.
Some of the hottest types coordinated fashions for children’s designer clothing include:
- Camouflage outfits. Move over little boys, there are new commandos in town. Little girls just love adding their own style to camouflage. Add in a little lace, ribbons or bows and they’re ready to make a statement that’s all their own.
- Fun and funky prints. Jungle, party, abstract prints and more are all on the in list along with much more. The bright and bolder, generally the better. When offset with the right coordinates, these really please the little girl who likes to stand out from the crowd.
- Delicate patterns. Set in pastels and just barely noticeable, delicate patterns and prints make a subtle statement that’s just right for sophisticated tastes.
- Spectacular solids with just the right embellishments. The sleek sophistication of solid colors is not missed in little girl trends. When the right embellishments are added, such as appliqués or ruffles, she’ll look like a princess.